Sunday, March 7, 2010

Trailer season is coming......

Last spring, my mom and I went for a leisurely stroll through the annual Beechwood Community Garage Sale. I think she bought a few novels to read thru the summer and I bought a trailer. Yup, your eyes have not deceived you, I did type trailer. You know, the kind you tow behind a van or truck and you sleep in it. I think I probably won the prize for spending the most at a garage sale. I was sooooooo excited.

Below is a picture of what it looks like.



Payton and I had a great summer. We camped for almost 4 full weeks, as well as about 4 or 5 weekends. We were at Sherkston Shores, Long Point, Port Elgin (a few times), McGreggor Point, Six Mile Lake, and Happy Hills. It was a sad day when we had to pack it up and take it to the farm for the winter.

I think it was around late October or early November when I started looking every spare minute I had for a different trailer. I really wanted to get into a trailer that was hard sided and had a toilet and sink. One late November day, I dragged my mom and dad out to Harriston to look at one that I had my eye on. Of course when we got there, it wasn't what I thought it was going to be. It would have been too easy for us to go right back home so we decided to tour the countryside and came across a really nice one in Listowel. It was exactly what we needed. Separate bedroom for us and bunks for Payton. A bathroom, lots of storage and counter space and it was 29 feet. I thought for sure, it was going to be too expensive, but it was right in the range that I wanted to spend. I couldn't believe it. I was ready to pay for it right there and then.



There it is!!!! It is bought and paid for. We are picking it up on May 1st when the trailer park in Port Elgin opens for the season. I am so pumped. I think about it all the time and can't wait for the day to come to pick it up. I didn't think I would enjoy camping as much as I have. And now that it will be sitting there for me whenever I want to go there, makes it that much better. No more packing and unpacking every weekend. All we have to do is throw some clothes in a bag and away we go, even at a moments notice.

Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. I'm as excited as you are. Can't wait for you to get it and call it your own. P. will be over the top with excitment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I am happy that you enjoy camping. I like to visit people that are camping so keep me in mind!

    ReplyDelete