Friday, February 26, 2010

Olympics

I must admit, I am completely addicted to watching the Olympics. As someone who isn't particularly interested in watching any kind of sport other than the odd hockey game, I must say, even watching curling has become and exciting event. The coverage that CTV has been doing is incredible. They play the stories behind each athlete and by the time the segment is done, you feel like you have been following their olympic quest from the beginning of time. It is as though you know each athlete personally and you get caught up in all of the emotion of the sport and feel like you are right there in the front row cheering them on with everyone else in the arena, on the hill or at the track.

I must say I am proud to be a Canadian. I always have been but especially in the last two weeks. Go Canada! Keep it going!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't had much time to watch the coverage. I tune in for the hockey (go figure) but that is about it. We were at Jay's hockey game last night and they had the men's curling on the tv. It was amazing to see all the people huddled around the small tv's watching Canada get another gold!

    ReplyDelete