Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Shutter Island

So tonight I was lucky enough to escape reality and spend the evening with my very best bff and take in a movie. You know, the real kind of movie that is in a real theatre and sells real popcorn, not the microwave kind that tastes like styrofoam. It was Jan's choice for the movie. She chose Shutter Island with Leonardo Di Caprio.


I had seen it advertised as well as seen the trailer, and it did peak my interest. I wasn't sure what to think of it. I am all for a thriller type movie but when I asked Jan about it, she said it was scary. I hadn't seen a "scary" movie at a theatre for a very long time and was nervous it was going to be too scary. Just so you know, I did jump once or twice and Jan laughed at me every time.

It wasn't so much scary as it was strange how they can play with your mind and leave you wondering about alot of stuff when the movie is over. It kinda sticks with you for a bit after. All in all a good movie. I would recommend it to anyone that likes thrillers.

That's it for tonight, I must go to bed after my very eventful evening.
Check back soon!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you get to have a girls night out. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like I have to add another one to my list. Glad you had time to spend with your BFF!

    ReplyDelete